UNHCR Representation in China
Terms of Reference
for Administration/Programme Internship
Duration: April 2020 – September 2020
Location: Country Office in Beijing
Application closing date: 29 March 2020
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The intern will work directly with the UNHCR office, under guidance and supervision of Admin focal person, and s/he will perform the following tasks:
· Assist in receiving office visitors at the reception;
· Assist in receiving, diverting telephone calls of the office general line and verifying phone records with Staff;
· Assist in collecting and registering incoming and outgoing office mail correspondence and diplomatic pouch and maintaining records;
· Assist in maintaining staff attendance record and leave plan;
· Assist in organizing meetings and conferences;
· Assist in obtaining information and quotations regarding procurement;
· Assist in maintaining office supply storage and records;
· Assist in processing documents in relation to official travel;
· Assist in translating documents;
· Assist in maintaining admin and finance files;
· Assist in drafting Request for Proposals, Terms of Reference, Recommendations and other related documents for procurements covering UNHCR’s operations in China;
· Assist in submission and filing of Value-Added TAX refund on quarterly basis;
· Assist in monitoring UNHCR CHIBE MED email box and dealing with incoming email from POCs in terms of reimbursement medical expense and other medical request;
· Assist in case analysis for medical request and maintain a medical record for POCs, especially for cases with special needs;
· Assist in Post-Distribution Monitoring (PDM) of implementation Cash-based Intervention and the PDM report;
· Undertaking other duties as required by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· A recent graduate (completed studies within 1 year of applying for this internship) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university;
· Completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in accounting, international relations, law, political science, administration, sociology, etc.;
· Strong interests in international humanitarian field and eager to learn;
· Good communication skills;
· Professional and detail-oriented at work with team spirits;
· Strong awareness of cultural diversity and confidentiality requirements;
· Respect for humanity and a commitment to international public service;
· Fluent in English, proficiency in other languages i.e. French or Arabic is a plus;
· Firm commitment to a long-term full-time internship.
· The aim of the internship is to provide professional experience in an international organization which is related to and supplements studies or interests in the field of medicines;
· The internship provides an opportunity to work in a multi-cultural intergovernmental organization;
· UNHCR will provide a food and transportation allowance around 740 USD per month for interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party.
· The internship program is not connected with the recruitment process; nevertheless, UNHCR is willing to provide reference and a fair performance evaluation of the internship for his/her contribution to UNHCR’s work.
Interns are required to complete mandatory UNHCR training before commencement of the internship.
If you possess the above qualifications and are interested in the internship position, please submit your application with (I) Letter of Motivation, (ii) CV, and (iii) signed Personal History Form (available at <http://www.unhcr.org/hk/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2017/10/UNHCR_Personal_History_Form_October-2017.zip>) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate in the subject line “Internship Application – Admin/Programme” by 29 March 2020.