Intern - Environment Affairs, I (Temporary Job Opening)
United Nations Environment Programme
工作地点：Paris 截止日期：17 December , 2019
Org. Setting and Reporting
The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global Environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The overall objective of the UNEP's Economy Division is to encourage decision makers in government, local authorities and industry to develop and adopt policies, strategies and practices and technologies that promote sustainable patterns of consumption and production, make efficient use of natural resources, ensure safe management of chemicals and contribute to making trade and environment policies mutually supportive. It promotes the development, use and transfer of policies, technologies, economic instruments, managerial practices and other tools that assist in environmentally sound decision making and the building of corresponding activities (http://www.unep.fr/). The internship is located in the Economy Division, at the Paris duty station.
The internship is for six (6) months. The internship is UNPAID and full time. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Under the supervision of the Head, Finance Unit., the intern will support the activities of the Finance Unit. Part of the Energy, Climate, and Technology Branch, the Finance Unit engages with countries and private sector financial institutions to enhance clean energy and climate change mitigation investments. The Intern will participate in the work of the 7-strong Unit team. His/her duties will include, but not limited to:
- Support the implementation of the various on-going Unit programmes, including the NDC Action Programme, GCF Readiness Programme, Mediterranean Investment Facility, and Seed Capital Assistance Facility (see www.unep.org/climatechange/finance)
- Support the development of presentations for meetings with prospective partners and development of project proposals for various activities undertaken by the Finance Unit. The Intern will also support the development of analysis, briefings, minutes, and presentations for global, regional, and national workshops and seminars.
- Research and analysis in preparation for publications with project partners (Governments, academic institutions, and environmental organisations) to develop best practices and policy recommendations.
- Support development of communication outreach material, including both print and online media.
- When required, the Intern will also support the general organisation of events, including sending of invitations to participants/speakers, developing agendas, and printing of materials.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
-Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
-Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
-Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
-Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
-Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
-Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to clients
Sound oral skills and proven drafting ability; ability to develop contacts and foster collaboration with other organizations in order to acquire timely information on current initiatives and studies pertinent to assigned area. Demonstrate openness in sharing information within the Energy Branch and keeping people informed.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
c. Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the advertised internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage. Knowledge of Arabic would be desirable for this internship.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
Your application for this internship must include:
1. A Completed application (Personal History Profile) and Cover Note, through the UN careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Title of the degree you are currently pursuing
- Graduation Date
- IT skills and programmes you are proficient in
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship
Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme, ensure to include all past work experience (if any).
2. Proof of enrollment from current University (if not graduated).
3. A copy of degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.